Wednesday 17 August 2011

Photo Diary: A Day in the City

I went into the city this weekend.

It’s not often that I get to venture out into the inner city of Johannesburg so when my friend Yusrah called me to accompany her to a market I couldn’t refuse.




As you can tell from the photos, this market was big on jewelry.
Most of the bracelets, rings and necklaces were inspired by African and tribal gear, which is really bright and colourful. What I felt was also interesting was that some of the jewelry was made form unique materials such as recycled glass.
One could definitely find some small treasures in the mounds of jewelry and adornments on display.



These were some cool and quaint little sling bags which were hand woven and made from genuine leather. They were so cute!

There were also a few racks of vintage and thrift clothing as well as bags and shoes.



This friendly Rasta felt he had an important message to declare while I took a quick shot of him!





As I’ve already said, I don’t go into the city very much but there is definitely something about ‘town’ that I find so intriguing. I like the hustle and bustle, the noise and the many cars and pedestrians busily carrying on with their day. It’s just something that is so different to the suburbs and I guess is a novelty for me.
I wanted to get a few shots of some buildings which caught my eye.


I wore a simple outfit for walking around.
I love the look of a white tank top, blue jeans and red shoes.
These were worn with a backpack which I purchased a while ago.


Much love,
 The Chic Rookie


So funny!!

3 comments:

  1. Is it india?
    - http://kumkumaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just visited all your posts. awesome. But i gotta one serious doubt. why in most of the pics you r looking at the ground?

    -http://kumkumaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have dragged you ;).

    www.guardthevintage.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates

Follow The Chic Rookie